Two Seattle-based non-profits seeking part time Bookkeeper
The Center for Sex Positive Culture (CSPC) and Foundation for Sex Positive Culture (FSPC) are seeking a shared bookkeeper. This position reports to both the Managing Director of the CSPC and the Executive Director of the FSPC.
Founded in 1999, the CSPC is a 501c(7) that is a members-based community center. The CSPC was the first of its kind and remains unique due to its nonprofit status and community center architecture. It was conceived in a bold attempt to create an environment embracing all sex positive communities and to create a space for sexual expression and dialog free of shame. In 2007, the FSPC was established as a 501c(3) sister non-profit to the CSPC. The Foundation for Sex Positive Culture promotes personal and cultural acceptance of consensual sexuality through education and the arts. The two organizations collaborate to better advance sex positive culture and make it available to a wider audience.
The ideal candidate:
- Is experienced in full charge bookkeeping (A/P, A/R, P/R, F/S preparation and analysis, tax filings);
- Has experience working with QuickBooks or more complex financial or enterprise systems;
- Can work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision;
- Can juggle the needs of multiple organizations simultaneously;
- Can meet deadlines and respond to Board requests and questions;
- Is comfortable working in an office environment in which topics of sex and sexuality are discussed and displayed
Hours: 10-14 hrs/week, schedule flexible; please note that time commitment temporarily increases around major fundraisers (late April/early May; late October/early November) and tax filings (CSPC follows CY; FSPC follows Jul-Jun FY)
Pay range: $22/hr+, DOE
Email resumé and cover letter with the subject line ” Sex Positive Bookkeeper” to Sophia Iannicelli at [email protected]. For questions, you can email [email protected] or call (206)229-2185
Our current bookkeeper of the last three years has recently landed the full time job of her dreams. She is kindly taking care of our books while we search for her replacement. Our bookkeeper has also offered to make herself available for on-boarding and training a new person to ensure a smooth transition for all parties.
Please share or re-post this as appropriate.