Consent is a huge thing that’s being talked about right now, and it’s not even close to big enough. Talking about it is not enough and we’re setting out to do more. This is your chance to be a part of that.
The FSPC is organizing the Consent Academy. This will be a group put together to teach about Consent for individuals, schools, and organizations. We are also working to expand the amount and caliber of Consent Education being provided. We are starting here in Seattle and plan to move out from here.
We are looking for a group of eight dedicated volunteers to get this program up and running as quickly as possible. Our goal is to have a working group creating new curriculum and taking contracts by November of this year. If you are someone, or if you know someone, who would like to participate details on how to apply are listed below.
Positions we are looking to fill:
- Outreach Coordinator
- Internet Presence/Social Media Coordinator
- Curriculum Coordinator
- Consent Curriculum Creators
- Consent Educators
What we expect from applicants:
- A minimum of 12 hours of work in roll per month (probably more for a few months)
- An ability to attend monthly group meetings (preferably in person)
- A dedication to understanding consent and its complexity
- A dedication to modeling consent and consensual behavior
- A willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Flexibility in roll and duties
If you are interested please send a letter of intent stating why consent work is important to you, how you believe you would fit into our organization, and your willingness to commit to this crusade. Include a current resume and how you would like us to contact you. Applications can be emailed to [email protected]. We expect to be doing interviews the first week of October.
If you have any further questions, let us know. Also, we are working to put together a list of organizations that need, want, or would benefit from Consent Education. If you know of any such places, please let us know that as well.